Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It Begins...

I have loved Martha Stewart since... I can't even remember, always? My mom would get her Living magazine and I'd love to flip through the glossy pages looking at all the fun decoration ideas (the October, December and February issues were, and still are, my favorite). Flash forward a few years and in high school, my best friend was also equally as obsessed with the great Martha Stewart. Neither of us actually did anything Martha did, but we continued to look forward to each issue of the mag, episode of the TV show and the delivery of our "Free Martha" t-shirts. Come college, when people take pride in becoming adults, living on their own, partying without supervision, etc, the milestone for me was getting my very own subscription to Martha Stewart Living. That's right, I got Living magazine delivered to my 3 person dorm room with tile floors and cottage cheese walls, flagging all the crafts, projects and recipes I would surely one day do. Well all these years of build up and I finally started doing things (I mean having a mother who makes Martha look like an amateur doesn't really encourage personal domestic growth...) and this here blog chronicles that journey.

Now I don't want you to think I'm some polo collar popping, pearl wearing, yuppy (although I went through that phase in high school). Rather I'm an action sport enthusiast (who also works in that industry) with a specific passion for dirt bikes and snowboarding. I enjoy tattoos and rock music and would rather watch Jersey Shore than CNN. I like high fashion and wear black more than any other color and really love skulls. Lots of black, lots of skulls, not your typical New England color palette. In addition to Martha, I also look up to the likes of Kat Von D and Rachel Zoe, so my tastes and interests cover a fairly wide spectrum.

But back to the blog. I'm just here to make my apartment cuter, my food yummier and bring back the art of homemaking that The Real Housewives of *Enter Affluent City Here* has sullied. Keep in mind my "house" is a two bedroom back house style apartment that I share with my roommate who is also in her twenties and I'm far from anyone's "wife" and I work a more than 9 - 5 job in the sports industry.

I leave you with a photo of one of my gingerbread cupcakes from Christmas. Let the adventures begin!



To hold you over till my first real post, you can follow me on Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. Eee, Jen-Rah! This blog is going to be amazing. Can't wait to hear your take on all things Martha with an Xtreme edge :).

    ReplyDelete